About Me

My photo
I love to teach and I love math. Teaching has always been a passion since I was in 5th grade. I gained a love of math later in eighth grade. I have been told that I always have a smile on my face and a song in my heart which is the best description of me.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Chinese Thanksgiving

So the had enough turkey in the kitchen to scrounge up some for me and a few other teachers who didn't have time to get tickets.

The dinner consisted of turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and peas. Then for dessert it was apple pie, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. I love the apple pie. It was quite good. The turkey was good too. I like the corn as well. Although it was Chinese corn which apparently tastes different. Although I am not a big fan of corn in general. However the Chinese love corn. They make all sorts of dishes with corn.

The best part of the meal was being surrounded by amazing people. All of the foreign staff gathered to celebrate Thanksgiving. While I have been here the staff has become my family. I see them everyday in the office. They are also my friends that I spend time with outside of school. They are all supportive professionally. They are also caring enough to help each other through the trials and tribulations of living in China. They have become my support system here in China. So it was good to spend the evening with all of them. We shared stories of our own family traditions back home. We shared food, stories, and good times.

All in all it was a good thanksgiving. I hope everyone at home has a good Thanksgiving as well. Eat plenty of turkey, pumpkin pie, and stuffing for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment