About Me

My photo
I love to teach and I love math. Teaching has always been a passion since I was in 5th grade. I gained a love of math later in eighth grade. I have been told that I always have a smile on my face and a song in my heart which is the best description of me.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

So happy Thanksgiving from China. This is my first Thanksgiving away from home. I realized that a while back. Now that I think about it I can not help but be a little homesick. You can not appreciate something until you can't have it anymore. This year I am missing the almond prize. I always make the pumpkin pie and cheesecake with the Lomax family crust. It is usually only a small family affair at our house consisting of my Mom, Dad, brother, sister, and myself. Sometimes my aunt Karen will come join us for the meal. Although it is a small gathering that is kind of low key I still miss it greatly. I plan to skype with the whole family Friday night which is my Saturday morning.

So I am spending my first Thanksgiving away from home at the blue bar. It is a western bar here in Wuxi. They are doing a Thanksgiving dinner tonight. The tickets cost 98 yuan(15$). However when I got the tickets Hans who owns the blue bar was worried if he would still have enough supplies for the dinner. So he stopped selling tickets because he didn't want to sell tickets to a dinner that may not happen. So anyways I am going down to the blue bar without a ticket to see what the blue bar has to offer on Thanksgiving. It is not going to be as good as the home cooked meal I am missing at home. However it is the closest I can get here in China. Plus I figure I have to do something on this holiday.

However this what I am thankful for:

Family that loves and supports me
That all of my family is either working or going to school
My best friend from the U.S. who I can talk to at weird hours about my life
The family of people I have made in China.

The foreign staff at Tianyi because it is the best group of people to work with. It is a small group that works together great. I don't want to work at Tianyi with anybody else and will be sad to see the team break up. The team is amazing both professionally and socially.

For the opportunity to be in China
For all the people, classes, and events that led me to China.

Now off to the blue bar for celebrations.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment